Environmental and Climate Governance (GEC)
The project supports Moroccan partners in implementing the National Sustainable Development Strategy, advises the partner organizations and supports the development of competences, resources and performance. It works in four fields of action:
- Green Economy: The focus lies on the development of waste value creation chains and sustainable, resource-efficient industrial development.
- Adaptation to climate change: The environmental information system under construction will be supplemented by a module to adapt to climate change. Morocco will thus have an integrated information system that comprehensively portrays environmental and climate aspects and provides decision-making assistance to politicians and bodies.
- Biodiversity, Implementation of the Nagoya protocol
- Morocco's Presidency at the 22nd UN Climate Change Conference of the States Parties (COP 22)
Some results: 5 million people in the pilot regions are better protected from climate change and 3000 long-term jobs were created.
- Energy and energy efficiency
- Tackling climate change